Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thing #21

I didn't really care for the podcast session. It has been my least favorite so far. I had a hard time finding anything that really interested me and that I thought I could use. I also had a hard time getting some of the podcasts to play - this was frustrating to me. I'm not sure I really see a great need for podcasts in the library; maybe I just don't really understand them all that well yet. A teacher that is really computer savvy could let her students for the students to access. These lessons would be helpful for students that are absent or on extended leaves from school for medical reasons.

2 comments:

Librarianmarn said...

I like your idea for making podcasts for kids who are absent from school. What if we (librarians) made podcasts that explained library rules for new students who come in after orientation?

I have a hard time finding some that interest me as well, and it will take lots of practice to get podcasting down so I don't have to work so hard at it! :)

Brittney said...

I am also agreeing with you and librarian marn on how difficult it was to find a podcast that interested me. As I mentioned in my post, once I found one I liked, I would then notice that the last update was months ago. I don't want to waste my time and energy with that podcast if it isn't going to be updated on a regular basis.