Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing #18

I have looked at craigslist before and it has some pretty funny things on it. You can find pretty much find anything you are looking for on it from used cars to used toilet paper!.I think you probably have to be careful though because some of the sellers may not be too legitimate.
I liked the One Sentence site. I think you could use this in your Language Arts classes to practice grammar, punctuation, etc. I know the kids could come up with some great sentences. Google Maps is also another wonderful site for students. (It was kind of weird how I found an actual picture of my house with my car sitting in the driveway!) It does have amazing pictures of the solar system and great aerial maps that would really be helpful in science.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Craigslist does have some pretty crazy things on it! The radio show that I listen to in the mornings did a bit during the holidays called, It's Beginning to Look Like a Craigslist Christmas, and they read some of the really wacky things that you could buy - suggesting that you could do all your Christmas shopping there!