Friday, January 4, 2008

Thing #12

This was not my favorite activity.I don't really like MySpace or the concept of social networking among teenagers. I guess I am biased because I have two teenage daughters who LOVE MySpace and spend too much time on it (in my opinion). I do check their pages regularly but I have seen some things on others sites that I don't like too much. I don't really see that much use for school purposes. If you could guarantee what students would write and poststhen you could possibly use it to talk about assignments or books that you have read. I did set up a myspace http://www.myspace.com/technoblonde account. Both of my daughters left me comments. Ha! After a little help from Shelby(teenager) I did manage to add a background and a song. I can't see myself keeping up with a MySpace account. It takes too much time and effort for me. I would much rather be reading a book!! I think as educators we should know what our students are involved in and what they like to do at home (instead of reading or homework!)

I added myself to the MISD Librarians NING site and created my own page. I can see maybe using this one more than the myspace. It is fun to log on and see what new comments you have and if you have any new friend requests.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I agree with you about my space. It wasn't really my thing to post a lot of stuff about me, but I loved reading about everyone else. But I can see how teenagers would love it.