Saturday, January 5, 2008

Thing #13

I really like the idea of social bookmarking. When you think about having to bookmark all of your favorite websites on all of your computers, a service like del.icio.us makes a lot of sense! I really like the fact that you can access you sites from anywhere! - home or school. Last month I read an article in School Library Journal, Dec. 1, 2007, titled Best of Social Bookmarking. This was the first time that I had ever heard of del.icio.us. Little did I know that I would soon be learning all about it! I would really like to share this with my teachers to use persoanlly as well as professionally. I am going to have to think a little bit more about using it for research. I don't know how it would be that much better than the pathfinders that we currently use and they are available on any computer.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It is amazing how often you hear about things like avatars, wikis, social networking etc... now that we are studying about them.