Sunday, January 27, 2008

The End - Summary

Wow! I can't believe I am actually finished! I really enjoyed these lessons and learning all about Web 2.0.I have to admit that I am pretty proud of myself and all of the new things I have learned. There is so much more to the web than just basic searching. I was a little bit scared at first when the idea of learning new technology was first introduced to us. But is has been a great learning journey!

#1. My favorite lessons were those that had to do with pictures and images. I loved animoto and flickr. I also had a lot of fun playing with the image makers and the mashups.These are things that I believe we can really use to make the library website more interesting and modern. The avatars were also fun to play with. I enjoyed changing my avatar every few days to match the season or the weather.

#2. As teachers,we are always encouraging our students to try new things. Learning something new can sometimes be intimidating but definately worth the effort. Working on the 23 Things has really helped me to take my own advice. If we are going to stay current in the everchanging world of technology, we have to become lifelong learners.In other words, we need to practice what we preach!

#3. I am amazed at how much there is to do on the web! I didn't know about even half of the things that we learned. I had never heard of social bookmarking, RSS feeds or Library Thing, just to name a few.I had heard of youtube and myspace but had never tried to use either one. I was really happy to find the creative commons site which hepled explain copyright.

#4.I thought all of the lessons were easy to follow and easy to understand. The directions were very straight forward. Anyone, even those of us who are not technology savy, were able to understand each step.

#5. I would definately take another course. I feel really proud of myself for everything that I have accomplished. I would never have learned all of these neat things if it hadn't been for these lessons. The only way to become lifelong learners is to keep learning. So sign me up for the next 23!

#6. The only way to really make learning the 23 Things worthwhile, is if we continue to use some of them in our library. I think that you need to choose several of the lessons that you really liked and incorporate them in your lessons, webpage,teaching, etc. I think the wiki and the blog would be great to use with our students and teachers. What a great way to share lessons, booktalks,teaching ideas, and suggestions. I am rally going to try out the blog with my students. I know they will enjoy it.

1 comment:

learninglou said...

Also, I liked doing the animoto and doing MySpace, but like you say we need to keep on, and use these things in our library, or this will not have meant much to us.