Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thing #7

I had fun exploring the google tools. I had no idea that google offered all of this! How do normal people know this is out here? I really like the igoogle page. I customized mine with news, weather, recipes, and humor. It is a little frustrating that everything on google is blocked.I know you can override but it would really be nice if we didn't have to. I set up the google alerts for local and national news. I don't have time to watch the news usually, so this is really helpful. I also set up the google calendar with my family's activities.It is really easy to add events and set up your calendar the way you want it. I had a little trouble downloading the extension for google notebook, but finally got it.

I can see teachers using the google alerts and the igoogle page in their particualr subject. For example, a science teacher could set alerts for certain scientific news and weather to use in the classroom. A history teacher could set alerts for current events, etc.

Teachers could create a class calendar using google calendar and then print (if students can't view at school) or let students access from home. This could have tests, assignements, etc on it.

1 comment:

The Loud Librarian said...

I also didn't realize the depth to Google. I knew all the secondary teachers swore by Google, now I see why. I now have everything I need for the morning anouncements on my igoogle page. Too easy!